Saturday, August 30, 2008

Katheryn Moving out!!


Okay first post of my life, I hope i don't mess this up. ;) I moved out this past monday, there was a lot to pack out and move out of the house to the car and to the apartment. I moved out with Valerie Fox one of my oldest friends alive, who has stuck with me since 5th grade. Well we decided to go right when you can check in so we could have a room together. We got there really really early...had to walk around for about 10 minutes. We were one of the first, we felt really good about it. Well we get into the apartment and wa la all the rooms are taken. One person in each. We were so bummed about it, we had plans to wait till some more of them came so we could work it out. I was on the phone with mother when a girl came out of the room, her name was Katie. We got to talking and then she offered up her bed she had been in since friday. I felt so bad she was unpacked and everything. We helped her move out and we started moving in. More roommates came flowing in. And boy, they are all so fun. We already had a movie night and watched "What Happens in Vegas" we all just bonded that day. I would like to mention...my side of the room is in better shape then Valerie. It would be better if i had space under my bed to put my collection of movies under my bed. ha. I love where i am and the people i am living with. I am excited for classes to start to get the whole college aspect. My roommates include Katie who is a senior at BYU...she thinks. Amber who is a junior trying to get into BYU music department. Taisha who is on the BYU Gymnastics team, but she is a freshman so she is just a stand in for now. Then there is Ally who i really don't know she just came friday, and i have not had the chance to meet her yet. I know moving out on my own is the best for me at this point. Help me learn how to do things. ha not always have a mother to bail me out on everything and do everything for me. This experience will also help me find more about myself. :) I can't wait. Hope my first blog is not boring. Don't know exactly what to say on these things. Love you all!!


3 comments:

Rosander said...

That was perfect! I'm so glad that Kati let you have her room, that was so nice of her! I can't wait to hear all about your new ward. Yea!

McKenzie said...

Kat, I remember moving out. A little excited a lot scared. You're room looks great! I can't wait to come see it. And your roommates seem fantastic! You'll have to tell the one on the gymnastic team to look out for Craig, his office is right by Brads (her coach). Pretty awesome to have a roommate that was settled being willing to change. They all sound like great girls. It sounds like you are going to have a fantastic semester! Enjoy!!

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

oh katheryn elizabeth baird i love you and you are so cool...(this is a song that i made up just for you!) love whitney